If you’re fluent in Latin, you’ll know what the title is all about. What if you just want to impress your friends? Here’s a handy list of Latin sayings that you can pepper into your daily conversation (I know I’m going to!).
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
– How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Sona si Latine loqueris. – Honk if you speak Latin.
Vacca foeda – Stupid cow
Utinam barbari spatium proprium tuum invadant!
– May barbarians invade your personal space!
Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant!
– May faulty logic undermine your entire philosophy!
Radix lecti – Couch potato
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
– Oh! More! Go on! Yes! Ooh! Ummm!
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!
– Stand aside plebians! I am on imperial business.
Fac ut vivas. – Get a life.
Ventis secundis, tene cursum. – Go with the flow.
Have fun with it!
(Thanks to Dark Roasted Blend for the great list!)