We’re getting ready to make the transition from Fall programming into Winter programming. The schedule isn’t quite ready yet, but for those of you wondering what’s going to be offered in the new year, we’re excited about many great new programs. We’ve got craft clubs, book clubs, movies, drop-ins, teen programs, children’s programs, and plenty more. If you thought the library was busy this fall, get ready for 2018!
Yes, we’re excited about adult programs this fall at the Carleton Place Public Library! There are plenty of exciting options to choose from, whether you’re interested in a drop in, a weekly series, or more than one event. You can find the whole schedule on the Carleton Place Public Library website, or drop in to pick up a fall schedule to take home. But here are a few of the highlights:
- Monthly Adult Craft club for people who LOVE to create! We’ll do a different craft each month, just bring your creativity! (4th Monday of the month) 6:30pm
- Adult Book Club is a popular monthly event. Read the selected book, then come to chat about it with other library patrons. We meet the 2nd Monday of each month, at 6:30pm.
- The Monthly Meditation Break will leave you feeling relaxed, better able to deal with stress, and you’ll have the chance to make some new friends, too. Local meditation practitioner Cathy Bogaerts joins us Sept. 28, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, & Dec. 21 at 6:30pm.
- Our National Film Board nights are continuing with a great selection of Canadian films, all in celebration of Canada 150. See our schedule for dates and times.
- In honour of Science Literacy Week, we’re inviting local astronomer Frank Hitchens back for another of his fascinating presentations called “Eye in the Sky: The hubble Space Telescope” on Monday, Sept.18 at 6:30pm
- Retiring soon? Join us for a financial seminar on “Retiring Your Way” with Nataliya Tyagley of Edward Jones Canada on Saturday, November 18th at 10:30am.
Wait….what about seniors??? Don’t worry, we have a whole list of fun programs for seniors this fall, including:
- We’re doing our regular Tech Tutoring this fall. Call to book an appointment with Caroline to learn more about your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Interested in meeting new people? Join us for our Social Conversation Circle every second Wednesday afternoon at 1pm, beginning September 13. Refreshments provided, too!
- We have another fascinating financial seminar from Nataliya Tyagley of Edward Jones Canada called “Making Your Money Last”. It’s on Monday, September 11th at 2pm.
- “Focus on Fixed Income” is another financial seminar about reaching your financial goals. This happens on Monday, Oct. 16 at 2pm.
There are plenty of other things going on this fall. Drop in or call to find out more! We love adult programs!
Three ways to enter:
Follow us on Facebook and watch for the Stump the Master Gardener posts. Comment on the post, giving our Master Gardener Paul Pietsch your hardest gardening questions.
Drop off your questions at the library.
Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll forward your question to Master Pietsch.
Up for grabs are some great prizes….especially if you stump the Master! So, get planting, get thinking, and enter each week! It’s going to be a tough one.