It’s our final Book Bucks Spending Week of the summer! Drop by the library anytime this week to spend the last of your Teen Book Bucks. We’ll have the window filled with tons of great items worth one Book Buck all the way up to Thirteen Book Bucks!
Next week, our programs are starting again! If you haven’t signed up for something good, make sure you take a look at our calendar and give us a call. Some programs are full, but we have spaces for many more (and don’t forget our great drop ins).
You can find our entire schedule right here: http://carletonplacelibrary.ca
See you at the library!
If you have a reader who is at least 12 years old who might like to join, drop by the library before school starts to get on the list. It’s always a fun session, and our first meeting takes place on Wednesday, September 27, from 4-5:30pm.
Did you know that next week, we have TONS of great daily programs happening at the library? We’ve been super busy at the library, with drop ins, registered programs, and more. But in case you’re looking for something to do, here’s what’s happening next week, July 17-21st.
- Monday — Water Wonders (ages 6-8) 10am—registration required
- Monday — Library Scavenger Hunt Drop In (ages 6+) 1:30 – 3:30pm
- Monday — National Film Board Screening (all ages) –7-9pm (see Facebook for details)
- Tuesday— Liquid Life (ages 8-12), 10am–registration required
- Tuesday—-Find Your Creative Self–(adults)—Session #3 (closed to registrants)
- Wednesday — Storytime (Ages 2-5) 10am—-Registration required
- Wednesday — Crafternoon Drop In (ages 7+)
- Thursday— Art Through the Ages (adults and teens) – 10am
- Thursday — Elliot Smith, Magician—10am at the Carleton Place Town Hall Auditorium (tickets $3 in advance at the library, $4 at the door) , ages 4+
- Thursday — Fort Drop In Day — All Ages — 1:30 – 3:30
- Friday — Une Heure de Conte en Francais — all ages, no registration, 10:30am
- Friday — Lego Drop In — all ages—-no registration
If the kids are getting a bit restless, we have lots going on all week, plus I Spy, and summer reading. Oh, and we have books to take home, too!
It’s our Library Lemonade Stand Kick-Off event today, and that means you’ll be able to fill out a ballot between now and July 8th for a chance to win one of SIX Carleton Place Public Library Gold Cards!
We’ll draw for the Gold Cards on Monday, July 10th—two for children, two for teens, and two for adults, so make sure to fill out a ballot for every member of your family to give yourself more chances to win. The card will only be valid for the person who wins it, is non-transferable, and lasts for 150 days. During those 150 days, the winners will not be charged any fines…a very special allowance in honour of this year’s Canada 150 celebrations!
And while you’re here, sign up for one of our great summer reading programs or events. We’ve got lots going on, and this is going to be an extra special year.
Don’t forget, the library is only open tomorrow, and then we’re closed for a few days to celebrate. Make sure to drop in to get all of your items for the long weekend!
See you at the lemonade stand!
Tomorrow is our Library Lemonade Stand Summer Reading Kick-Off! Join us on the front steps of the library from 1:30 – 3:30pm (rain or shine), for a glass of lemonade, and lots of fun! You can also pick up all of your registration kits for the TD Summer Reading Club, for Adult Summer Reading, and our Teen Book Buck Bingo cards. Plus, our library will be all decked out for summer. Don’t be surprised if you see a fun character or two.
You’ll also be able to fill out a ballot starting tomorrow for one of our very special Library Gold Cards. Win one of these, and you won’t have any library fines for 150 days…that’s almost until the end of November! Exciting, right?
It’s going to be a busy day, as the library will be closed for the holiday weekend, so drop in sometime Thursday or Friday to pick up books, DVDs, museum passes and more. We’re kicking off with lots of great things!
Happy Canada 150!