It’s been a busy July, and we’re expecting August to be just as crazy! But don’t worry…we’re looking forward to every second of it! And you can be a part of the fun, too…..just give us a call to sign up for one of our wonderful programs.
Coming up in August:
- Our last two French Storytimes: Une Heure de Conte en Francais : Friday, August 7 & 14 at 10:30am….all ages. No registration required.
- Jurassic Park Day on Monday, August 10th from 1-2pm, ages 9 – 12, registration required
- Out of this World Drop In day on Thursday, August 13 from 1:30-4:30pm, all ages, no registration required.
Of course, we also have our weekly I Spy challenge, plenty of Book Bundles left, and we’re starting our second round of tickets for our Adult Summer Reading Club. Did you win the prize for July? Drop in to see if we drew your ticket number!
And don’t forget, there is still plenty of time for Yalp to visit with your family. He’s been soooo busy, going to museums, the Farmer’s Market and taking long bike rides. We can’t wait to see what adventures he’ll be up to next!
We missed Yalp’s Round Up last week, but that’s only because it was a really busy week. Who knew that Lego Drop Ins would be so popular? (Yalp did!)
We finished up our first full session of Literacy tutoring, and it was a great success. The kids were delightful to see each day, and we they seemed really excited about coming back each time. A whole new session has started this week, and those eager young readers are already collecting their stickers and adding to our giant Tic-Tac-Toe board. Fun!
It was Harry Potter’s Birthday last week, and we celebrated by inviting plenty of Wizards to the library!
And even Yalp managed a visit with a friend this week. Seems like he has a variety of reading interests.
If you have youngsters who are looking for fun things to do this summer, give us a call at the library. We’re signing up for next week now…programs for Superheros, Royals and more!
We’re starting a new series for the summer called “Yalp’s Friday Round Up!”. Yalp is our TD Summer Reading Club mascot this summer, and he’s up to lots of fun this summer…visiting with our young patrons, hanging out at the library, and much more. Hopefully, he’ll give us some insight into how much fun everyone is having at the library this summer.
We had Minion Madness, Marvelous Music and Crazy Colours this week. Everyone had fun, including Yalp! We had storytime, toddlers, young writers, adult writers, young readers, and today, we’re looking forward to French Storytime and an afternoon of Legos! Could our week be more fun?
Yalp heard LOTS of great things this week, including:
- One of our young friends loved spending time with Yalp so much, it was difficult to bring him back to the library at the end of the week. Thankfully, he’ll be able to visit her again later this summer! (They went biking together, and he can’t wait to do it again!)
- A young reader taking part in our summer literacy tutoring program came up with a great game that allowed him to find letters in the library that he was working on.
- Our group of teen writers didn’t want to leave after their hour was up!
- Children in the Crazy Colours program were laughing so hard during one of their games, it could be heard throughout the library
- A gentleman visiting from Carleton Place enjoyed being able to walk in off the street to use the public computers for free. It turns out he was a former Parliamentary Librarian!
I’m sure next week will be even more exciting! Don’t forget, we still have tickets for the Magic Show on Thursday, July 30th. Drop in now to get them for $3 before they’re gone!
Calling all Lego enthusiasts! Friday afternoons at the library are going to be fun this summer! We’re having Friday afternoon Lego Drop-In Days from 2-4pm, starting Friday, July 10th.
No registration is required for this fun program….just drop-in anytime from 2-4pm. Building something creative, or try one of our challenges. Just come by for lots of fun.
See you on Friday!
Just a reminder, our French Storytime begins this week! It’s a drop-in, so no need to register. See you on Friday morning at 10:30am!
For those of you with young ones at home, we know you’ve been itching to get back to Storytime at the library. After a nice little break, we’re ready to begin again!
Join us each Wednesday morning at 10am for a half hour of stories, songs, and lots of fun. And, of course, there will be plenty of time afterwards to look for books and movies.
Registration is required because spaces will be really limited with only one session during the summer. Make sure to call early to get your young one on the list, and register EACH WEEK for the next session. We want to give everyone a chance to attend.
See you tomorrow!
We’re getting ready for the annual Library Lemonade Stand Summer Reading Kick-Off event! Whew! That’s a mouthful, but it’s always a lot of fun. It’s a great way for kids to get to know what the program is all about, and have some lemonade, too.
Join us on Thursday, July 2nd on the front steps of the library from 1-3pm. We’ll have two kinds of lemonade, we’ll hand out our summer calendar, and give out invitations for the TD Summer Reading Club of 2015.
If your young reader has never done this program before, we’ll answer all of your questions. And if they have, they’ll be eager to pick up the calendar and get going to start earning STUFF. Yes, there is stuff!
Rain or shine, we’ll be on the front library steps. Save a little of that Canada Day celebration attitude for July 2nd……we’re going to have some FUN!