With the long weekend upon us, we’re seeing a lot of activity regarding the museum passes we have for Ottawa and Brockville attractions. Just a few reminders:
- most museum passes go out for FOUR days (which includes the day you pick it up, and the day you must return it), the exception being the Brockville Aquatarium which goes out for a week
- passes go out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You’re welcome to call us to check on availability, or go online to http://carletonplacelibrary.ca and check under the “Museum Passes” tab
- We have multiple passes for each museum, but some will be more popular than others
- If you keep a museum pass out past the due date, fines are $5 per day
These are such a popular item in the library, and understandably so. The passes allow FIVE admissions (usually two adults and up to three children), and make going to see the exhibits much more affordable. While we would love to have an unlimited number of passes for each museum, we do not. Please keep in mind that the loan policies we have put in place are to make it easier for everyone to have the opportunity to experience exhibits, not to make it impossible. We will certainly call a patron if a pass is very overdue, however, we cannot call simply because it is a day late. It is up to patrons to return items on time, and we hope that everyone will appreciate that these are in high demand, and get their passes back promptly.
The library isn’t just about books anymore!