We’d like to share a BIG thank you with Andrea at Hamsa Yoga in Carleton Place for arranging a yoga session for kids at the library during the March Break. Amanda dropped by the library last Thursday morning, and did stretches, mindfulness, and much more with almost a dozen kids aged 7 – 12. We were thrilled!
And if your child didn’t get a chance to try yoga for free, maybe we’ll do this again next year. It was such a success!
It used to be pumping gas, but then I had no choice but to learn.
We can’t wait to hear yours!
Best caption wins our admiration……
March Break is almost here! We’re expecting a very busy week of laughter, exploration, learning, relaxation, and relief that it’s finally here (and then over!).
A few things to remember….
- most of our programs are drop ins…that means NO REGISTRATION! And, they’re open to all ages. The crafts and activities are scalable to both young children, and those who can do a little more.
- We’ll have plenty to do if you just want to drop in outside of a program. There will be a daily I Spy, a fun ball pit for the littles, some wacky colouring pages, and much more. Feel free to stop in for a few minutes, or come for the afternoon.
- Parents, we haven’t forgotten you. Make sure to pick up your parent relaxation kit early on. Once they’re gone, they’re gone.
- We’ll still have tickets for the magic show at the Town Hall on Wednesday morning at 10am. Come a few minutes early…and bring cash. Tickets are $3 each right now at the library, but they’ll be $4 each on the morning of the event.
- Yes, you have to stay with your kids. Our policy states that children EIGHT years old and under must have a parent stay with them in the building when they come to a program. For older kids, we suggest making sure they know your cell phone number, and leave instructions as to how/where we could get in touch with you if we need to. It rarely happens, but sometimes, things happen.
And one quick addition….we’ll have a FRENCH element to some of the craft afternoon drop ins! Make sure to ask where the French table is when you drop in!
If you have any questions about any of the programs, please feel free to give us a call at 257-2702. We want to make this week as fun for you as it’ll be for the kids!