If you’ve been enjoying the library this summer by participating in reading programs or activities, we’d love to hear from you! Take a few minutes to drop by the library to fill out a quick survey, or do it right now by clicking on this link! It’s easy, and fun.
Tell us how we did!
- Participate in an art class with the amazing Matt MacKay!
- Take part in a fun crafting program for kids on Tuesday or Thursday (see calendar for schedule)
- Sign up for Storytime for Wednesday
- Join the Young Writers on Wednesday
- Meet up with our adult writers for our first Camp NaNoWriMo meeting of the summer on Tuesday afternoon
- Adults can also do a FUN craft on Thursday mornings!
- Take in a MOVIE on Thursday afternoon! (It’s going to be a fun, cool place for the kids)
- Toddler sessions begin Thursday mornings
- Join us for Une Heure de Conte en Francais on Friday morning
- Friday afternoon is all about the Lego!
All of these programs can be found in our calendar at the top of this page, or on our website at http://carletonplacelibrary.ca
But…..we also have THESE fun things you can participate in when you drop by the library anytime….
- Fill out a ballot to win a library gold card (that means no fines all summer)
- Donate your dimes to our “Adopt a Giraffe” program
- Read some of our “Wild” trivia placed all around the library
- Pick up an ADULT summer reading kit and maybe win a great prize!
- Find the weekly I Spy search
- Fill out ballots to win signed books in the Teen area, or our weekly prize!
If you have any questions, give us a call at the library today at 257-2702. We’re going to have a wild summer!
We’re going to be at the Lambs Down Park Festival this weekend to share our upcoming library events with all of the festival goers! Drop by our table to talk with Caroline or Melody about summer reading, programs at the library, and to enter one of our fun draws!
*Hint, if you don’t “like” us on Facebook already, when you stop by our table, use your phone to sign up, and you’ll be entered to win something really fun! We’re trying to get to 1000 likes by the end of the summer…and we’re thisclose!
He’ll give a 60-minute talk about space and our fascination with exploration. Weather permitting, we’ll have telescope time to look at the moon, which will be perfect for viewing if the weather cooperates.
Registration is required, so call us at 257-2702 to get your name on the list. This is a free seminar, as part of our Life-Long Learning Series. Spaces are limited.
- Read a book with your spouse, and then talk about it! It’ll be your own little family book club.
- Keep track of all the books you read this year. Use a spreadsheet, or sign up for Goodreads!
- Give books as gifts to everyone this year. How about BIG MAGIC :CREATIVE LIVING BEYOND FEAR by Elizabeth Gilbert! This is by far my favourite book from last year, and it’s great for anyone who has any creative aspirations at all.
- Stop reading more than one book at a time. This is one of my worst habits. Take time to devote to each book and you’ll enjoy them more. I’m going to do this. I am.
- Get a dignified bookmark. Stop using scraps of paper, kleenex, paper clips. Go out and find one you like, and use it.
These are all totally something you can stick with, and at the end of the year, you might be surprised at how much your reading habits have changed…for the better.
If you have any other great ideas for reading resolutions, post them in the comments. We’d love the hear them!
Starting in January, we have a whole host of new programs on the schedule. There are book clubs, craft nights, workshops, and much more. You can drop in right now to pick up the 2016 Winter Newsletter for adults and teens, and take the new children’s Newsletter at the same time. There’s something for everyone!
You’ll notice we have the regular storytime beginning again. This session, we’ll also have Toddlers, and a little later on, babies again! Our French storytime session will start up on Fridays again, and we’ll have things to keep the kids entertained on PA days all winter long.
If you’re wondering about March Break, you’ll have to wait a few weeks, but we’ll let everyone know when we have that special schedule out. And if you have young crafters, make note of the registration dates for Valentine’s Craft Night, and Spring Craft Night. These fill up fast, and they are always popular! We’ve already started Forest of Reading®, so register early and begin reading right away!
Starting with teens, we’ll begin our Nerd Herd Teen Book Club again in January, and run it through May. We’re also gearing up to celebrate Rock the Drop again in April for Teen Literature Day….and keep a lookout for a few special new programs for teens a little later on.
For adults, we’re starting up the VERY popular tech training again, as well as our adult book club. But if you’d rather take part in a different type of book club, we have one to bridge the generation gap! (It’s a lot of fun, and it gets everyone involved.)
If adult colouring is more your thing, we’ve got plenty of great colouring pages ready for winter. See all of the details above, or drop in to pick up your own copy (it’s super clear, and has a lot more detail).
The BIG fun happens with our workshops this winter. We’ve got creativity fun, social media info, and money workshops for women. We’re also excited about a special astronomy talk with Frank Hitchens in January that you won’t want to miss!
If you want to know more about any of these great programs, drop by the library, take a gander at our online catalog (http://olco.canlib.ca/client/cp), or give us a call at 257-2702. It’s going to be an exciting winter….even if we don’t get any snow!