Monday, August 21st is a partial solar eclipse, and we’re celebrating this fun event!
Our Solar Eclipse Party will be a fun drop-in event. Stay for a few minutes, or stay the entire solar eclipse—we’ll have lots of activities to keep everyone busy (too busy to be bothered to look out the window). This will be fun for kids aged 3 – 13…with lots of crafty tables, a special I Spy and more!
No registration necessary. Drop in and help us celebrate. It’s going to be out of this world!
Our Nerd Herd, aka the Teen Book Club, is getting ready for a fun book-filled fall! We’ve got our choices picked, and we’re gearing up for lots of discussion, fun, and more.
If you have a reader who is at least 12 years old who might like to join, drop by the library before school starts to get on the list. It’s always a fun session, and our first meeting takes place on Wednesday, September 27, from 4-5:30pm.
Next week, we’re finishing up our summer programs at the library. Can you believe it? Where did summer go? And while we’ll be continuing on with summer reading for a few more weeks (including draws for prizes), you only have one more week of fun activities to get your children excited about. What’s coming up this week?
- We’re building VERY interesting things on Monday at “Build It”, from 10-11am. This is for 6-8 year olds…and it will be very hands-on.
- It’s another Draw Yourself Drop In on Monday afternoon between 1:30-3:30pm (ages 5+). The kids will have a blast lying on the floor while we trace them–and then drawing life-sized versions of themselves. It was super fun when we did it in July!
- Tuesday is an Olympic challenge, and weather permitting, we’ll be outside. Don’t forget to sign up!
- Wednesday is our last Storytime for a few weeks, and our last Craftnoon Drop in. (We’ll also be eating pizza for lunch as we say goodbye to our summer students and another staff member, so please excuse us if we’re asleep at the desk when you come in.)
- Thursday is a Junior Olympic challenge, and our visit to the Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum, which we’re SUPER excited about! I can’t wait to see their exhibit this year!
- And last but not least, its our French Storytime and Lego Drop In on Friday.
Take a closer look at the calendar above to see when everything takes place, the ages, and if you need to register. We left the best for last, so don’t miss out!
The library is closed today, and hopefully, everyone is out doing fun family/summer things. Can you believe it’s August already?
If you’re thinking about the week ahead, we still have plenty of interesting programs happening at the library. Download this August calendar to see everything. You can sign up for any of the programs that require registration the week before the program
Happy August! Enjoy the long weekend and we’ll see you at the library tomorrow!
It’s hard to say what happened to July, but it’s almost August. While many of you are making plans for back to school, a lot of people are still looking for things to do with the kids. Don’t worry, we have no shortage of fun planned for August.
- Lots of drop ins (Lego, storytimes & crafternoons)
- Une Heure de Conte en Francais every Friday morning
- Art Through the Ages adult & teen craft mornings
- Carleton Place and Beckwith Heritage Museum visit
- Regular storytime
- another fun National Film Board screening!
A lot of the programs need registration, but anything that says “drop in” means just that… drop in anytime! And of course, we have our regular I Spy, our TD Summer Reading Club (have you seen the great flower boxes yet?), Book Buck Bingo for Teens, and Adult Summer Reading.
There’s plenty of time to get your library fix in. Hopefully, we’ll see you in August!
Did you know that next week, we have TONS of great daily programs happening at the library? We’ve been super busy at the library, with drop ins, registered programs, and more. But in case you’re looking for something to do, here’s what’s happening next week, July 17-21st.
- Monday — Water Wonders (ages 6-8) 10am—registration required
- Monday — Library Scavenger Hunt Drop In (ages 6+) 1:30 – 3:30pm
- Monday — National Film Board Screening (all ages) –7-9pm (see Facebook for details)
- Tuesday— Liquid Life (ages 8-12), 10am–registration required
- Tuesday—-Find Your Creative Self–(adults)—Session #3 (closed to registrants)
- Wednesday — Storytime (Ages 2-5) 10am—-Registration required
- Wednesday — Crafternoon Drop In (ages 7+)
- Thursday— Art Through the Ages (adults and teens) – 10am
- Thursday — Elliot Smith, Magician—10am at the Carleton Place Town Hall Auditorium (tickets $3 in advance at the library, $4 at the door) , ages 4+
- Thursday — Fort Drop In Day — All Ages — 1:30 – 3:30
- Friday — Une Heure de Conte en Francais — all ages, no registration, 10:30am
- Friday — Lego Drop In — all ages—-no registration
If the kids are getting a bit restless, we have lots going on all week, plus I Spy, and summer reading. Oh, and we have books to take home, too!
Each week in July and August on our library Facebook page, we’re going to be a running a “Stump the Master Gardener” contest!There are prizes and everything!
Three ways to enter:
Follow us on Facebook and watch for the Stump the Master Gardener posts. Comment on the post, giving our Master Gardener Paul Pietsch your hardest gardening questions.
Drop off your questions at the library.
Send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll forward your question to Master Pietsch.
Up for grabs are some great prizes….especially if you stump the Master! So, get planting, get thinking, and enter each week! It’s going to be a tough one.