After a quick start and then a long-ish break, Babies are back on at the library this week. We’re looking forward to seeing all of these cutie pies giggling, cooing, and smiling as we learn songs, read books and more.
If you registered for babytime, but didn’t make it to the first session in early March, feel free to come on Thursday morning at 9:30am. We have a nice large group this time, but we can always squish in one more.
This session is a lot of fun for babies zero to twelve months, but it’s aimed at moms and dads who want to have a little more bonding time. Plus, you’ll get to meet other parents, and the babies can make new friends. This is always a popular program, and many groups end up meeting outside of the sessions, or after the program is finished, so don’t be afraid to try it.
If you’re still not sure if this program is for you and your baby, drop in, or give us a call at 257-2702 to ask some questions. In the meantime, check out the FAQ’s below for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I have to stay for the whole session? And how long is it, exactly?
- No, you can stay the whole time, or just for a few minutes. If baby is fussy that day, or sleepy, you’re welcome to leave whenever it is best for you. We don’t judge. And the session usually lasts about 20-25 minutes, but we often have parents who stay for an hour or more to chat.
- Can I breastfeed during a session?
- Of course! If you feel more comfortable leaving the room, we have comfy couches just outside our program area where you can sit for as long as you need to. The library is not open to the public during Babytime, so it can be a peaceful area during that time.
- Do you have a changing table? I’d rather not change my baby in the middle of the room.
- We have a family washroom that has a changing table available. If you have soiled diapers to dispose of, we’d appreciate it if you’d deposit them in the garbage can just outside our main library doors, or let us know so that we can change the bag at the end of the babytime session.
- I have an older child and no daycare available. Can I bring them along, too?
- Absolutely. Have your child bring along a favourite stuffed animal to participate with the group. This can be a lot of fun for everyone. Or, if they’d rather sit and look at books, they’re welcome to bring one of our bean bag chairs into the room along with some books to keep them occupied while we run babytime.
- I don’t have a library card. Do I need one? Do we have to take out books?
- You don’t need a library card to join babytime, and no, you don’t have to take out any books while you’re here. But it’s a great time to pick up books about parenting, making your own babyfood, and fun board books for the little one to flip through all week. It’s easy to get a card…just ask us how at the front desk.