We’re continuing with our Canada theme tonight for our National Film Board screening, starting at 6:30pm. Are you a Leonard Cohen fan?
Join us for a great afternoon of conversation about any topic of mutual interest, exchange information, experience and knowledge, meet others in the community with the same interests, make new friends, and have fun!
Every second Wed, starting Sept. 13th.
Next week, our programs are starting again! If you haven’t signed up for something good, make sure you take a look at our calendar and give us a call. Some programs are full, but we have spaces for many more (and don’t forget our great drop ins).
You can find our entire schedule right here: http://carletonplacelibrary.ca
See you at the library!
Yes, we’re excited about adult programs this fall at the Carleton Place Public Library! There are plenty of exciting options to choose from, whether you’re interested in a drop in, a weekly series, or more than one event. You can find the whole schedule on the Carleton Place Public Library website, or drop in to pick up a fall schedule to take home. But here are a few of the highlights:
- Monthly Adult Craft club for people who LOVE to create! We’ll do a different craft each month, just bring your creativity! (4th Monday of the month) 6:30pm
- Adult Book Club is a popular monthly event. Read the selected book, then come to chat about it with other library patrons. We meet the 2nd Monday of each month, at 6:30pm.
- The Monthly Meditation Break will leave you feeling relaxed, better able to deal with stress, and you’ll have the chance to make some new friends, too. Local meditation practitioner Cathy Bogaerts joins us Sept. 28, Oct. 19, Nov. 16, & Dec. 21 at 6:30pm.
- Our National Film Board nights are continuing with a great selection of Canadian films, all in celebration of Canada 150. See our schedule for dates and times.
- In honour of Science Literacy Week, we’re inviting local astronomer Frank Hitchens back for another of his fascinating presentations called “Eye in the Sky: The hubble Space Telescope” on Monday, Sept.18 at 6:30pm
- Retiring soon? Join us for a financial seminar on “Retiring Your Way” with Nataliya Tyagley of Edward Jones Canada on Saturday, November 18th at 10:30am.
Wait….what about seniors??? Don’t worry, we have a whole list of fun programs for seniors this fall, including:
- We’re doing our regular Tech Tutoring this fall. Call to book an appointment with Caroline to learn more about your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Interested in meeting new people? Join us for our Social Conversation Circle every second Wednesday afternoon at 1pm, beginning September 13. Refreshments provided, too!
- We have another fascinating financial seminar from Nataliya Tyagley of Edward Jones Canada called “Making Your Money Last”. It’s on Monday, September 11th at 2pm.
- “Focus on Fixed Income” is another financial seminar about reaching your financial goals. This happens on Monday, Oct. 16 at 2pm.
There are plenty of other things going on this fall. Drop in or call to find out more! We love adult programs!
We know that some people find apps a bit confusing. And the more current the library becomes, the more apps we have available to our patrons. But what if you’d like to use them and find them too tricky to figure out? No problem! We’re having a library apps workshop to help you figure things out.
Please call us to register for this workshop which takes place on Saturday, July 22 at 10:30am. Spaces are limited, so please call early.