It’s Mother’s Day on Sunday, May 12th (you’re welcome), but instead of giving her flowers this year, why not celebrate supporting local businesses? You’ll end up getting her something unique, and make your community stronger in the process.
A few suggestions from a librarian who sees lots of moms everyday?
- buy her a boxed set of DVDs—The Crown, Game of Thrones, or any of the BBC series would probably be a big hit.
- think about a nice stack of books as an alternative to flowers. Choose her favourite author, or pick several according to the genre she likes to read.
- a spa package or gift card probably wouldn’t be frowned upon. Moms are tired!
- a gift card to a local coffee shop or restaurant, for those early morning drop offs or escapes at lunch
- buy her a subscription to her favourite magazine, or go all out and get her a nice tablet to read them online! (If she has a library card, she can access tons of great magazines online through our website—for free!)
We hope you enjoy this weekend and celebrate the moms in your life!