If you’re looking for things to do with the kids, and it’s too hot to go outside, have you dropped by the TD Summer Reading Club website lately? They have plenty of online activities, and also some ideas for you to carry out at home, even on the hottest days.
A few of the great ideas posted today:
- a featured story by Canadian Children’s author Kevin Sylvester
- an eBook you can read right now in your browser
- Jokes for kids, written by kids
- Some reader recommendations
- Drawing lessons for the little ones!
- Book reviews.
- Story starters for those young writers
- Coloring pages
And these change quite often. You can access them through the tab at the top of the TD Summer Reading Club website that says Stuff to Do.
There are also book lists by age, and an online notebook where you can keep track of all of the books your child has read. Just use the special online access code that you received in your bag of items when they registered for summer reading. (If you lost it, drop by the library and we can give you another one.)
Explore some of the great things you can do online!