- Read a book with your spouse, and then talk about it! It’ll be your own little family book club.
- Keep track of all the books you read this year. Use a spreadsheet, or sign up for Goodreads!
- Give books as gifts to everyone this year. How about BIG MAGIC :CREATIVE LIVING BEYOND FEAR by Elizabeth Gilbert! This is by far my favourite book from last year, and it’s great for anyone who has any creative aspirations at all.
- Stop reading more than one book at a time. This is one of my worst habits. Take time to devote to each book and you’ll enjoy them more. I’m going to do this. I am.
- Get a dignified bookmark. Stop using scraps of paper, kleenex, paper clips. Go out and find one you like, and use it.
These are all totally something you can stick with, and at the end of the year, you might be surprised at how much your reading habits have changed…for the better.
If you have any other great ideas for reading resolutions, post them in the comments. We’d love the hear them!